We supply high technology lubricants, greases, oils & dry film coatings for use on aircraft and aerospace projects - many comply with Mil, NASA & Nato Specifications. We also offer MIL approved aerospace grade products - please contact us for details.
Many aerospace applications require synthetic lubricants that will withstand the most severe extremes of temperature, pressure, bearing load, speed, harsh chemicals and oxidizers such as liquid oxygen.
All IKV Lubricant synthetic lubricants are manufactured from high quality pure synthetic fluids blended with additives which address the specific operating parameters of the application.
Our synthetic oils and greases are specified for extreme-temperature jet engine actuators, cargo aircraft landing gear, aircraft controls, precision bearings in navigational instruments, wide-temperature avionics connectors and many other critical aerospace components.
IKV FILMSEC 1010 (MIL spec 9150-14-528-0001) is a dispersion of PTFE (tetrafluoroethylene telomers) in isopropyl alcohol. After evaporation of the solvent, it remains as a white and waxy lubricant, which with its high content in fluorine, exhibits the following properties:
- Outstanding lubricity
- Excellent thermal stability
- A high degree of chemical inertness
- Non flammability
- Excellent nonstick and separation qualities
- Reduces the friction coefficient of the substrate
To obtain a stronger adhesion of the coating to its substrate, it is ideal to oven bake the treated part for 5 to10 minutes at 305 to 310 C.
IKV FILMSEC 1010 may be applied pure or diluted, depending on the desired effect. The product is also available in aerosol form.
Typical applications include:
- Release of plastics and rubber parts
- Sizing of sintered metal parts
- Dry film lubrication
- Metal working (extrusion, rolling, cutting)
- Additive in waxes and polishes for skis, auto bodies, and boat hulls
- Masking (protecting surfaces) for paint or varnish application
- Additive for elastomers and paints