Boron Nitride Coatings
Boron Nitride is a white ceramic based lubricant with extreme thermal stability, up to 1200 degrees Celsius.
IKV have a range of dry film coatings based upon this material available in bulk for spraying or painting on to the substrate or alternatively we have Boron Nitride aerosol sprays which allow a thin coating of material to be applied.
These materials can be used as a release agent for molten metals at extremely high temperatures and can also be used as a protective coating for welding equipment, as well as an anti-spatter coating.
A thin coating of Boron Nitride allows welding equipment to be easily cleaned of spatter.
The IKV Boron Nitride aerosol sprays which allow a thin coating of material to be applied include IKV Filmsec 1024 Spray.
It is a dry lubricant developed for long-lasting surface treatment with a base function of Boron Nitride.
It is designed for usage in the following applications:
- Protection of ceramic nozzles
- Protection of surfaces from slag scrapers
- Pre-treatment of forge and stamping dies, slow forming ops
- Mould start-up with light and copper alloys, for gravity or die-casting
- Wire extruders
- Surface protection in contact with aluminium under pressure
- Transfer tables
- Hot equipment handling glass
- Pre-treatment of forge and stamping dies, slow forming ops.
- Mould start-up with light and copper alloys, for gravity or die-casting.
- Lubrication of flat sliding areas (conveyor transfer areas)
- Protection of surfaces that are in contact against fretting corrosion.