PFPE Fluorinated Aerosols
IKV manufacture a full range of perfluoropolyether (PFPE) sprays and aerosols which are chemically inert, oxygen compatible, non-flammable and non-migrating.
These lubricant sprays are used in a wide variety of industries in applications such as 'o' ring lubrication, mould release, mould tools, ejector pins, lubrication of glass channels in the automotive industry, an anti-squeak fluid in vehicles and as an assembly aid.
They are often used in situations where long-life lubrication is required & conventional lubricants are not suitable.
They can be utilised in extremes of temperature both high and low and are universally compatible lubricants. They are rubber and plastic compatible.
The IKV fluorinated aerosol range is branded under our IKV-FLUOR and ZAROX names.
Colourless and odourless, perfluoropolyether (PFPE) type oils are totally chemically inert and resistant to all common solvents. They not migrate and are radiation resistant. Even when these products are applied in ultra-thin durable films, they substantially reduce friction, noise and wear. They are also compatible with all widely used elastomers, plastics and metals.
Typical applications include:
- Fitting and lubrication of automotive seals and weather-strips
- Anti-squeak and component lubrication on interior trim of vehicles
- Thin film lubrication of pivots, pins, springs, bushings and sliding contacts in a wide range of industries
- Lubrication of all bearings, chains and joints subjected to high temperatures, water and solvents.
- Mould release and ejector pin lubrication
- O ring and seal lubrication
- Both gaseous and liquid oxygen applications
- Electrical contact lubrication
This extensive range of aerosols are available in pack sizes from 75ml to 400ml with a temperature ranges of from -50 to +300°C.