Boron Nitride Sprays
Boron Nitride ceramics are traditionally used on parts of high-temperature equipment as Boron Nitride remains lubricious and inert even at high temperatures.
Coating made with Boron Nitride prevents sticking to increase the life of dies and moulds, improve product surface finish and reduce production time.
In molten metal applications, Boron Nitride coatings protect surfaces which come into contact with hot and molten metals.
Boron Nitride also inhibits corrosion and chemical attack and provides easier release and longer mould life.
Applications include casting, stamping, forging, extrusion and powder metallurgy.
Boron Nitride's high temperature lubrication properties also make it an ideal product for glass making by reducing surface defects, improving mould life and mould release.
Boron Nitride lubricants are also used by manufacturers of injection moulded plastics and elastomers. Boron Nitride lubricants offer improved die release and increased production speed.
Sintering of metallic and ceramic powders are done on graphite plates and Boron Nitride lubricants can help to eliminate carbon contamination, reactivity and sticking which occurs at sintering temperatures.
Welding and brazing applications are also addressed with Boron Nitride lubricants. They protect surfaces from weld spatter and provide superior stop-off protection. They also protect welding nozzles from weld spatter.
Boron Nitride lubricants offer the following characteristics:-
- Electrical insulation
- Low dielectric constant and loss
- Very high temperature stability
- Thermal conduction
The IKV FILMSEC 1024 SPRAY Boron Nitride ceramic dry film aerosol spray allows a thin coating of material to be applied. It is for use in the following applications:
- Protection of ceramic nozzles
- Protection of surfaces from slag scrapers
- Pre-treatment of forge and stamping dyes, slow forming ops.
- Mould start-up with light and copper alloys, for gravity or die-casting.
- Wire extruders
- Surface protection in contact with aluminium under pressure
- Transfer tables
- Hot equipment handling glass
- Lubrication of flat sliding areas (conveyor transfer areas)
- Protection of surfaces that are in contact against fretting corrosion